Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Share Disability Alert

Share Disability Alert

I had an accident in 2002.

After six years I have gotten quiet use to the fact that the medical system for me just does not work.

After six years of living with a disability i know what it mean to be humbled.
My family has had to go through the torment of being constantly in pain and without my income.

At first I used to tell to people what happened.

What is was like to live with a constant feeling of numbness and shooting pain.

That did not work.

Eventually I just shut up and suffered in silence.

The health system for a person with a disability is a different world.

For me I try to divert my energy into things that take my mind off the constant discomfort.

I would like to see every person on Prince Edward Island to be given the Worker compensation facts of life.

1)-What can happen if you are injured while you are working out of province?

2)-Did you know that if you are injured in Toronto and if you wish to come home to Prince Edward Island you are disqualified for any services.

3)-Basically you are left to fend for yourself and there is nothing you can do but confront the WSIB system on your own. The process is discouraging to say the least.

4)- Did you know that Workers compensation boards are not inter-provincial.

I not going to tell who i am because I could be anyone you know and have learned that once you tell people you are injured you are marginalized in many forms.

Thanks for you time.

1 comment:

Youpicks said...

Here the other things about getting injured and living in the rural areas. You become isolated and depressed over the pain and the every day grind. living in the country means you are alone in many ways and often you feel no one rally cares. This is mostly in your mind because people do care, they just do not know how to help.


My blog is worth $564.54.
How much is your blog worth?

Youpicks Search Engine

Custom Search

Virtual Cenotaph

Bible

Future-Generation-Project

Vignette

Train Station


Train%20StationQuantcast

Gogoogle

Geogoogle daily Motion

http://www.dailymotion.com/widget/jukebox?list[]=%2Fmychannel%2FYouPicks&list[]=%2Fgroup%2Fgeogoogle&list[]=%2Fgroup%2FFuture-Generation-Project%3Fupload%3Aweb%3D1%26upload%3Awebcam%3D0&skin=darknight

MODE Invents New Search Engines

Make your own free clipart like this @ www.TXT2PIC.com with free web based tools (hundreds of image generators that run through a web broswer, no software to buy or install).
Made with free image tools @ TXT2PIC.com

Prince Edward Island Timelines

Train Station



Train%20Station
Quantcast

Youpicks Feeds and Favorites

- - Feeds and Favorites Thu Nov 22 16:36:59 EST 2007 -

Pannel